The team at Land Surveys has the technical and practical expertise, utilising the latest technology and procedures for Terrestrial Laser Scanning. We work over diverse platforms, allowing us to provide you with the best tailored solution to your desired results.
Benefits of Terrestrial Laser Scanning Services
Our terrestrial laser scanning services provide high resolution 3D images of surfaces to deliver terrain and landscape mapping.
- Highlight the differences between your existing model and new model.
- Our innovate capture methods allows us to scan anything and everything, safely.
- Ultra-fast, high accuracy and efficient capture methods reduces on-site time for our surveyors.
- Reduce costs by reducing the need for multiple people to visit site to ‘take a few measurements’ through our comprehensive deliverables and visualisation packages.
- With more than 200 staff, we can resource quickly using our many Leica, Riegl and FARO scanning instruments.
- Problems such as rework, variations, clashes and staff downtime, can be avoided at an early stage through a single time investment in up-to-date survey data. This information is invaluable and useful throughout the life of the project, paying itself off through reducing rework, variations, clashes and staff downtime.
- Advanced warning of interference and clash detection.
- Laser scanning lends itself to site capture during normal operation, which can be done pre-shutdown in order to provide the information needed by maintenance personnel before it is required.
- Point cloud data can be integrated directly in to your CAD or BIM workflow, or provide you with drawings for planning discussions.
- Ultra-fast acquisition rates (1 million points/sec).
- High accuracy 1mm to 6mm.
- Remote inspection.
- Site installation is completed without issue.
Benefits of Terrestrial Laser Scanning over Traditional Methods
The benefits of using terrestrial laser scanning over traditional methods includes:
- Reduces safety controls imposed and improves project timeline and cost factors.
- This method delivers fast, safe, accurate and cost-effective results, especially when measuring complex areas such as plant environments.
- When plans of an object or structure are not reliable or available.
- Laser scanning removes the need to physically climb, reach, or expose our surveyors to unsafe environments in order to measure the items of interest.
- Reduces time required on-site, minimises shut-downs and expensive equipment requirements.