At Land Surveys, we provide professional hydrographic, bathymetric and geographical survey services that cover a broad range of hydrographic disciplines.
Our surveyors have access to a range of hydrographic survey sensors, platforms, state-of-the-art technology and software, enabling us to deliver a unique, tailored data solution to your specific needs. Survey systems are selected based on the scope of work, water depth, operating frequency, range from shore, accuracy requirements, seabed conditions, and size of vessel.
All hydrographic projects start with the end in mind, and we will guide you through the options for surveying, mapping, GIS and visualisation deliverables. We’ll advise you onwhat the best approachis so we can meet your project’s quality, accuracy, time and cost goals.
Our hydrographic surveyors are all qualified surveyors, making Land Surveys your complete solution for all of your project planning, data acquisition, processing and reporting needs. We are early adopters of the latest, proven technology, meaning we’ve tried and tested work flows, allowing our surveyors to work smarter and more efficiently.
Uses of undertaking hydrographic surveys:
- Seabed bathymetric surveys and digital terrain models (DTM) for navigation assessment
- Support dredging operations – pre and post surveys, and volume calculations
- Determine sedimentation levels or thickness
- Seabed habitat mapping Geophysical surveying to determine seabed sub-structure and composition
- Seabed sampling and geotechnical analysis
Benefits of undertaking hydrographic surveys are:
- Determining seabed form and terrain
- Identifying seabed type, features, objects, debris and object detection
- Determining sediment thickness
- Shallow geophysical analysis – 0 to 10m below seabed
Hydrographic services can be applied to:
- Port and harbours
- Mine workings and infrastructure
- Marine environmental and benthic surveys
- Support marine construction activities – pipelaying, beach pull landings, etc
Survey systems and solutions Land Surveys provides are:
- Single beam echo sounders (SBES) – single and dual frequency
- Multibeam echo sounders (MBES)
- Attitude and heading reference systems (AHRS)
- Tide gauges
- Sound speed sensors and probes
- Side scan sonars
- Sub-bottom profilers
- Real-time data acquisition systems – software and hardware
- Laser scanners
- Drop and piston corers