This is an extremely exciting time to join Land Surveys, a premier national surveying company with offices in Perth, Karratha, Darwin, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and PNG. We pride ourselves on providing our clients and staff with No Problems, Just Solutions and if this how you operate, you could be the person we are looking for.
About the Role
This role partners with our Executives and Senior Management Team, to provide effective and practical people management solutions into the business. This is a true generalist role where no two days are the same.
This is very much an operational and functional role, where the successful candidate must have the ability to do the ‘every day’ HR tasks, as well as providing leadership and direction to the team.
- Providing support, advice, direction and guidance to Managers on everyday people management and Employee Relations issues;
- Leading and mentoring the HR team (Advisor and Graduate);
- Manage the Employee Relations within the business;
- Utilising a number of HR/Recruitment software platforms;
- Recruitment and onboarding of new staff;
- Policy and process development and implementation.
Land Surveys has recently been awarded a landmark contract across Australia and New Zealand. Our client is a multinational Technology company, conducting ground surveys to gather new data to improve mapping. A total of 250 staff will be recruited to complete this project. With the support of a Senior Recruitment Team Leader, and project Recruitment team, this role will be responsible for overseeing and HR / ER components of this project, in addition to our existing workforce of over 260 professional and support staff.
Why should you apply for the role?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and capable HR Advisor looking to take the next step in their career and begin leading a team, under the guidance of experienced professionals.
Working in an established, pro-active and hardworking team of HR Professionals, within a company that truly values their people, makes this a truly enjoyable role to work in. We have a full suite of advanced HR Systems to streamline our processes, and are well supported within the Executive Leadership team to be successful in our roles.
Apart from the great employee benefits our Land Surveys staff enjoy, like free travel insurance and private health insurance rebates, we can offer the successful candidate an opportunity to further develop their skills and allow their true potential to shine.
Ideally, you will be a HR Advisor or Business Partner, with 5-10 years experience working within a small to mid tier contractor (or stand alone HR role in a smaller company), looking to take the next step in your career, develop and increase your responsibility.
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to listen and provide practical, tailored advise and solutions to specific issues;
- Decision making and problem solving ability, whilst being able to ‘think on your feet’ and make quick decisions;
- Flexible and adaptable approach to your work with the ability to take direction;
- Systems savvy with prior experience with Recruitment software and HRIS;
- Understanding of the Construction or Resources industry;
- Experience with high volume, rapid ramp up projects will be advantageous.
A sense of humour, level headed nature and approachability is essential to succeed in this role
Some national travel will be a requirement of this role, flexibility in this aspect is required.
Being a valued member of the Land Surveys team means you will be rewarded with a friendly, down-to-earth working environment, competitive remuneration and additional employee benefits.
Please note, the successful candidate will need to have an unrestricted right to work in Australia as we are not providing sponsorship for this position.