This is an extremely exciting time to join Land Surveys, a premier national surveying company with offices in Perth, Karratha, Darwin, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and PNG. We pride ourselves on providing our clients and staff with No Problems, Just Solutions and if this how you operate, you could be the person we are looking for.
We are currently looking for a Pilbara Survey Manager to #JOINTHETEAM.
The Pilbara Survey Manager will be responsible for the overall running of the Pilbara business unit, this will include; business development, overall leadership, procedural guidance, growth and profitability of the Pilbara business unit. This is a senior management role within the West Coast team and will report directly to the West Coast Manager and work closely with all business unit leaders within Land Surveys.
To be considered for the role, you will have an extensive background managing large teams with a focus on leading from the front and delivering high quality projects whilst remaining efficient. You will have a well-established network within the construction and geospatial community which you can build on and lead your team to secure future works. You will have strong commercial acumen with excellent communication skills with the ability to successfully negotiate commercial contracts.
For this role, you will need to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Surveying and/or business management;
- Experience in leading Operational Management teams and/or Coordinators;
- Proven leadership ability, with the ability to influence, inspire and motivate those around you;
- Connected within the construction and geospatial community;
- Previous experience with key client relationship management;
- Contract management;
We are seeking a standout individual to ensure the continual growth of our Pilbara team. You will need to be a self-starter with ambition who can confidently lead the existing team and continue to develop the service offering. We will provide you with all the tools required to be the best in our business and our industry.
About the role:
The focus of this role always, is centred on internal and external relationship outcomes. This role will focus on developing long term clients across all sectors in the Pilbara market whilst seeking out new business. Other responsibilities of the role entail a balanced combination of leadership, innovation and business development, to ensure the ongoing success of the Pilbara team, this includes:
- Managing the business unit’s obligation to provide a safe working environment;
- Drive strong positive culture with the Pilbara business unit;
- Assist Managing the Pilbara Business Units P&L to ensure growth and profitability;
- Pipeline reporting, both up and down, for 6, 12 and 24 month forecasting;
- Ensure open and proactive communication between direct reports and field staff within your business unit and all others business units across Land Surveys;
- Implement standards of performance, safety, policies and procedures and employee retention across the organisation;
- Ensuring that the HSEQ Management system conforms to the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 & ISO 9001:2015.
You will receive full, un-wavering support from our Management team and as a Leader within the business, you will be empowered to create success.
The role is preferably residentially based in Karratha with the Pilbara team, but other options may be considered depending on the candidates experience and suitability. Housing and Relocation allowances will be available.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have full working rights in Australia as we will not be offering sponsorship for this role.