This is a rare and extremely exciting opportunity to be involved with a landmark project across Australia and New Zealand. Our client is a multinational Technology company, conducting ground surveys to gather new data to improve mapping.
We are currently looking for a Payroll and Accounts Payable Clerk to work closely with our project and finance team throughout all phases of this exciting project. This will be a fixed term contract based in the Belmont area, with the opportunity for an immediate start through to December 2020. There are possibilities for ongoing work beyond this project.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Management Accountant and working closely with the Project and Finance team, this role is absolutely essential to the payroll function of this project.
The Payroll and Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for the complete end-to-end payroll function of our ANZ Drive project and provide critical support to the finance team. This role provides an experienced and highly diligent Payroll and Accounts Payable Clerk, a truly rare opportunity to be an integral part of something big.
You will be responsible for:
- End to end payroll processing
- Creating, maintaining and updating employee records on the payroll system
- Assisting with communication and processing of workers compensation claims
- Assisting with month-end processes such as the preparation and reconciliation of superannuation, payroll tax and PAYG obligations
- Responding to payroll queries from staff
- Performing Accounts Payable function, including preparation and processing of creditor payments, matching invoices to purchase orders, verifying goods received (quantity and price), investigating discrepancies, data input and preparation of month end creditors reconciliations.
- Providing administrative support to the Management Accountant, data analysis, and other ancillary clerical tasks as requested.
- Demonstrated Payroll and Accounts Payable processing experience
- Proficient in MYOB
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Numerical ability and data entry skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Understanding of payroll legislation and processes i.e. tax, superannuation
- Ability to interpret awards and relevant legislation
- Possess a strong Customer service focus
- Understanding of NetSuite desirable but not essential