This is an extremely exciting time to join Land Surveys, a premier national surveying company with offices in Perth, Karratha, Darwin, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and PNG. We pride ourselves on providing our clients and staff with No Problems, Just Solutions and if this how you operate, you could be the person we are looking for.
About the Role
This role reports to the Financial Analyst and works closely with the Finance team and Operational Managers, to provide effective and timely reporting and analysis to both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a diverse role in a fast paced environment, where the successful candidate must have the ability to do the following tasks:
- Lead an accounts receivable (AR) function including client billing, intercompany billing, processing ad-hoc credit notes and handling client queries;
- Preparation, submission and payment of monthly payroll tax, PAYG withholding and Superannuation Lodgment and payment;
- Corporate Credit Card applications & cancellations;
- Monthly invoice finance reconciliations;
- Assisting Finance team with cash flow forecasting;
- Assisting with monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assisting with regular review and update of cost model for quote / tendering purposes;
- Ad-hoc projects to assist with continuous process improvements;
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and re-forecasts, ensuring they are completed accurately and on time;
- Assisting the Management Accountant with ad-hoc tasks, reporting and projects as required.
- Monthly running of business analytical models including uploading data and producing reports;
- Standard accounting process duties including some processing, journals, reconciliations, tax requirements;
- Fortnightly Payroll; and
- Ability to work in Xero.
Why should you apply for the role?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a capable Assistant Accountant looking to take the next step in their career and step into a diverse and exciting role with great exposure to both transactional and analytical tasks.
Working in an established, pro-active and hardworking team of Finance Professionals, within a company that genuinely values their people, makes this a truly enjoyable role to work in.
Apart from the great employee benefits our Land Surveys staff enjoy, like free travel insurance and private health insurance rebates, we can offer the successful candidate an opportunity to further develop their skills and allow their true potential to shine.
Ideally, you will be a Graduate Accountant or Analyst, with 1- 2 years’ experience working within a small to medium size business, looking to take the next step in your career, develop and increase your responsibility.
- A qualified CA or CPA or working towards completing your qualification
- Degree in Commerce, Business, Finance or related field
- Experience in Xero/Quick book similar accounting systems and preferably salesforce and Financial force
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience of post-graduation work experience
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and analysis
- Highly motivated attitude with a strong will to succeed in the business
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferably 1 + years Management Accounting, Budgeting and Forecasting, Financial analysis experience
- Detailed knowledge of finance and accounting practices and principles
- Self-confident and articulate Accounting professional with ability to develop key business relationships and desire to take on more responsibility
Being a valued member of the Land Surveys team means you will be rewarded with a friendly, down-to-earth working environment, competitive remuneration and additional employee benefits. You will be working within a high performing team and you will receive an extensive onboarding process to get you on the right foot. Continued training and support will be provided to give you every opportunity to self develop in view of taking a step in your career.
Please note, the successful candidate will need to have an unrestricted right to work in Australia as we are not providing sponsorship for this position.