About Land Surveys:
Established in 1997, Land Surveys has continued to grow and expand as one of Australia’s leading national surveying and geospatial companies, with offices in Perth, Brisbane, Darwin, Sydney, Melbourne and overseas. We’ve grown to become an industry leader due to the demand for more comprehensive surveying services in today’s dynamic and digital engineering lead market. With more than 260 professional surveyors, geospatial, data modellers and committed staff, we provide full surveying services for our clients’ jobs, projects and assets.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Land Surveys, one of Australia’s leading national surveying companies. With our upcoming pipeline of Landmark work across the country Land Surveys has an exciting opportunity for a 3D Modeller to come on-board and #JOINTHETEAM in either Melbourne or Sydney.
About the Role
As our new team member, you will be responsible for producing detailed and creative deliverables from 3D point cloud data collected by our reality team.
You will be an integral part of our growing geospatial team, working closely with the team you will provide our clients with the best solution for their requirements. The focus of your role will include working with and imparting knowledge to a wide-ranging multi-disciplinary team; managing, developing and delivering technically advanced processes using appropriate software and hardware and business growth relating to all types of 3D Modelling, 3D Visualisations, GIS Mapping, BIM and other technical areas for the Company.
- Work closely with the reality capture team to create drawings and models from 3d spatial data
- Carry out feature extraction from point cloud data from road and rail corridors
- Assist with the development of processes and workflows to maximise the capabilities of the various hardware and software used in the Geospatial team
You will have the following credentials to be considered for this role.
- Relevant tertiary qualification;
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation on road and rail projects working in Australia;
- Working knowledge of Australian Rail and Road standards, specifics, design and drafting guidelines
- Experience in feature extraction and 3d modelling from point cloud data;
- High attention to detail with the ability to work on your initiative with minimal supervision
- Have a willingness to learn and adopt new technologies and software’s as the survey industry embraces the digital engineering era.
Candidates with a Surveying background and understand the importance of accuracy and precision in all aspects of survey deliverables will be highly regarded.